Friday, December 30, 2011

TGIF! First and Last ...

TGIF! is a bookish meme hosted by Ginger of GReads.

What was the first book you read and the last you finished in 2011? 
How do you feel about these books?
Would you recommend them to others?



My 2011 reading is much better than my 2010. I discovered a lot of good, as well as worse, books this year. I've been journeying through different genre and having a good taste of both classic and modern literature.

My first book to have read and finished this year was Awaken by Katie Kacvinsky (my review). Uhm, let me remember. I quite liked this book because of its futuristic view and how possible they can happen some time. Imagine papers have already ran out and trees being artificially synthesized, that can really happen. But the real thing that got me on this is the idea of waking up from technology. Having a natural school is way better than a virtual one.

I would recommend this to my fellow readers. And look at the cover, it really represent what's inside the book.

The last book I have finished this year is Matilda by Roald Dahl. Oh how I love this little girl! Very clever and genius in nature. This book is very light and fresh. Even though I'm too out of the age group this book belongs, I still can't prevent myself from laughing especially to the epicness of Ms. Trunchbull. I would love to show you illustrations by Quentin Blake about Ms. Trunchbull and her unbelievable throwing-kids-outside-the-window-by-grabbing-their-pigtails scenes. My review will be up next year, most probably by the second week as I am already queuing up my posts.

I would recommend this to anyone in the world! This will remind you of your beautiful days in your childhood.

DISCLAIMER: TGIF! image is owned by Ginger of GReads and is used as a part of this meme post. Book images of Awaken and Matilda are owned by Goodreads.com. I do not take ownership of any of the images used in this post. 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...