TGIF is a bookish meme hosted by Ginger from GReads!
Love-Hate Relationships: Which characters from a book do you love to hate?
Love to hate! We all know that there are characters that annoy us while reading. I have too. First, I want to excuse myself to readers who will read this. You might love a character that I hate.
Bella Swan of the Twilight Saga
One reason why I hate her is because she always put herself in danger, for her can't-resist'boyfriend Edward can come and rescue her. Sometimes, she knew something bad will happen but still she will pretend that it's nothing and continue. She pretends to be a strong person but Meyer wrote her to be weak. I do not mean that characters have no right to be strong. It's just like it doesn't suit her personality written on every book page.
Tantalus of The Sea of Monsters
I love Chiron and I love him to be the head of the demigod camp. However, this gross character, who was cursed to not to be able to eat, replaced him in place. The camp lost its backbone. Rules were not followed and the bad was favored. I just simply hated him.
Nathan Noal of Lola and the Boy Next Door
There's nothing wrong of being a strict parent. However, Nolan, for me, was far more than just strict. He cannot control his temper. He sometimes divert his anger from Nora to Lola. It's just so annoying.
Griphook of the Harry Potter series
This foolish dwarf always think only for himself. He doesn't care if the people that might save the wizarding world will die as long as he has what he wants.
Meridith of Anna and the French Kiss
*spoilers* I like her at first part of the book. She's very supportive for Anna. She's actually the one that offered Anna to join their circle of friends. However, at the end part of the book, it turns out that she's in love with Etienne and got angry with Anna. She's already on the wrong stand still she act as if she is the victim. But I do realize that her reactions are like a real human.
To maximize the opportunity of this post, I would like to name some villains that I love. Villains deserved to be loved too!
1. Lord Voldermort (I really don't know why)
2. Hades (all Hades of different literary works, especially Clash of the Titans)
3. President Snow (I love his calm spiking words)
4. Bellatrix Lestrange (Because she love the Dark Lord)
5. John Dee (I love how he does everything to obstruct Nicholas)
**Links to my reviews of the books/movies related in this post.
- Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer
- The Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan
- Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
- Anna and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
- Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
- The Alchemyst by Michael Scott
- The Magician by Michael Scott