Monday, January 2, 2012

Goodreads 2012 Reading Challenge!

Hello guys! It's the second day of the year and so far so good. Regarding my blog, I already queued up reviews and memes this month. I am very well motivated to give life to this blog this year. As you might know, I'm entering college this coming June so I will have more free time between classes. That's ironic, isn't it? Mostly will say they will have limited time when they got into college. Well, I think Time Management skills can loosen up those hassle days to have more free time.




2012 Reading Challenge



2012 Reading Challenge

Ivan has


read 1 book toward his goal of 50 books.


hide







Yes, that is correct. I will only try to read more or less 50 books this year. Why so few? You might ask that. Let me explain. Reading is my true passion and blogging is just an add on to it. It's very nice to voice out what you think about a book to people who also read. Have you ever tried to have bookish talk with video-gamers?

So why 50 books? As what I learned from The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky, try to be a filter not a sponge when reading. What does that mean? You read not only to enjoy but also to learn. If you're a sponge, you are just letting the words pass in your mind without comprehension and application. When you're a filter, as what the word suggests, there are bits that remain in your mind as the words pass through. That's what we call learning. And those learning that you have gained by filtering should be applied to your life.

Phew! I hope I did not became a philosophical monk on the Himalayas with that paragraph. But it's true. So 50 books this 2012. That 4-5 books per month.

How about you? How many books do you plan to read this 2012?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...