Friday, January 13, 2012

TGIF! 2012 Must Reads

TGIF! is a bookish meme hosted by Ginger of GReads

Which books are at the top of your list to be read this year? 
(new or old releases)



Most of my anticipated reads this year are old releases so please tell what do you think about them. 

The Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
I've been hearing a lot of readers saying that they cry buckets of tears with this book. So I want to try it. The synopsis in Goodreads didn't catch my interest, actually, but I know that there's more in this book. 

Finnikin the Rock by Melina Marchetta 
Readers opinions are divided in this one. They said that this book is very vague some said it very Marchetta and so it's good. I want to see it by myself.

Froi of the Exiles by Melina Marchetta
In this book, they said that Melina Marchetta regain what's lacking in Finnikin the Rock. 

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
OMG John Green! That's all I can say. 

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer Smith
The title really grabs my attention. And the fact that it was set in a 24hour airplane ride, it's very interesting.

************
and because it's 2012, I cannot let this post pass without me listing my... 

2012 Must Watch Movies 

Sherlock Holmes II
Last month, I went to Araneta Coliseum to watch Disney on Ice. Before the show, all I can see it Sherlock Holmes II trailer in the hanging screen. I watched the first one and I'm really eager to watch the sequel!

The Hobbit
I love Lord of the Rings. The Hobbit. OMG! I cannot wait for this especially seeing the trailer! 

The Hunger Games
What's new? All have been waiting for this one. I want to see Katniss fight.

The Perks of Being a Wallflower 
Emma Watson! Logan Lerman! Perks! This is MY most must watch film of the year!

Titanic 
I love Titanic. When I was a kid and that this film was still in VHS, I always watch it. Not to mention how hard it is since then to fast forward a VHS to the sinking part. 

Snow White and the Huntsman
This! I don't know about Kristen here but I want to watch it. 

That's it. So how about you, what are your must reads and watch for 2012? 



DISCLAIMER: Images of the books are owned by Goodreads. Images of the movies belong to their respective owners. 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...