Friday, January 6, 2012

TGIF! Reading Resolutions

TGIF! is a bookish meme hosted by Ginger of GReads

What are some of your reading goals for the new year?



I'm starting my 2012 pretty right and I have already finished three books! Wow! I think this year will be more reading than the previous one. Last year, I cannot have the time to read because of the hectic school schedules and a lot of exams. But this, I'm practicing Time Management to give way to free time. :) 

1. Be a filter not a sponge - It means to read with comprehension and application. Learn something deep and learn to extract what the story is trying to say indirectly. Not a sponge that let the water stay in for a while then drain it. It this case, let the thrill and excitement and the characters for a while then let the words be forgotten. 

2. Explore more genre - I like YA and Contemporary because I can relate to the stories they tell. However, life is too short to be locked on a single part of literature. I want to explore more like classics and historical. It seems that they are very interesting. 

3. Have more time to read - I spend so much time in the internet even though I know I'm not doing something. So this year, I will control myself to spend my spare time in books rather than the internet. (LOL, I really hope so!) 

4. Socialize more - I want to meet other bloggers. I'm very interested in learning about other people especially when we have something in common. I will try to "participate" this year. 

5. Not to judge a book by it's cover - I admit it! 

I will not have a very long list as I want to succeed to all my resolutions. How about you, what are your reading resolutions this year? 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...