Tuesday, November 16, 2010

In My Mailbox -3-



In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren. It features books that you bought, borrowed or received from somebody in a week. To join the meme, visit her blog.

I both bought and borrowed books this week. Let's start from what I got first.

I've mention is my last post about new books I got that I bought The Magician by Michael Scott. I also said that I won't be reading it until I bought the first book, The Alchemyst. Fortunately, my classmate, who is also a book worm, lend me her The Alchemyst book. I was so happy that I will finally start the series after I finished The Lightning Thief.

The reason why it caught my attention is because of the involvement of real persons. John Dee, Nicholas Flammel, Nicollo Machiavelli, they are all real persons that exist in the past. Micheal was right, the characters from the past catches attention. I also like magic, spells, and the most is the codex, a book of prophecy and magic that can be found at the book.

The second I got was The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman. I knew about Neil Gaiman but I didn't read his works. I knew about Coraline and the story interest me but I don't know why I don't buy the novels. National Bookstore announced that they will be having a promotional price for The Graveyard Book from P435 ($10) to P199($4) such a steal. Who can resist buying the book you want to but never had a chance and NOW IN A VERY LOW PRICE!!

I like to buy it because first of all, I like horror. Anything horror. But I'm scared to sleep after watching or reading them, how ironic... It is story based on The Jungle Book, but instead of a child living in a forest raised by animals, the book put a magic spell on it. The child grew in a graveyard and was raised by ghost. I wonder how ghost can take care of children. Are they kind or aggressive like what we see most in movies? I can't tell until I read the book.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...