Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery

I'm here again for another book review. Before I started my blog, I have some couple of books in my shelf. One of them is The Little Prince by Saint-Exupery. I've encountered a lot of children books where even adults can relate. The most popular is Harry Potter. It is actually a children book but the lessons there seems to be for adults. Little Prince is like that.




A pilot forced to land in the Sahara meets a little prince. The wise and enchanting stories the prince tells of his own plant with its three volcanoes and a haughty flower are unforgettable. A strange and wonderful parable for all ages, with superb illustrations by the author.






If you read the summary, there's no doubt, it is a children's book. Add the factor that the cover is also like drawn by a child. But what is written inside is not only for children, for adults also. For all ages. I've seen a lot of people who give this book as a gift every Christmas Day. Then I got so intrigued on what is inside to  give it a try.

The book was in the point of view of the Pilot first then changes to the point of view of the Little Prince. They met at a desert and the Prince requested the Pilot to draw him a sheep. The Pilot had drawn a lot of things in his childhood but a lot of people misunderstanding them discouraged him. It is one of the lesson. Do not give up. Sometimes in life, there are discouragements which changes are character. You should take those discouragements as a challenge. Pursue what you are and you get better and  better.

With this book, I miss my childhood days. It is true, when we are still young, grown ups misunderstand us. It brings us back, like time traveling, to our past; to our youth. And realizes what a child should have so we will not do what our parents did to our children.

"One sees clearly only with the heart. The essential is invisible to the eyes" This the line our elementary teacher let us explain. For me, this line means that the truth can be seen by the heart. What is important is only seen by the heart. Our eyes only see the physical features and not what is inside them.

I really enjoy this book, and I hope you too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...